Saturday, September 02, 2006

I almost died.

Before I begin I must lay blame where it is due for my near death experiance, Mrfrodo and Shanisasha. Without them I would proabably have a good ten years extra left on my heart, without them I would not have had the greatest moment in my FFXI career.

It was a warm summer day in the dunes, the smell of dead noobs in the air was sickly sweet on the breeze. Three adventurous friends headed to Whitebone Beach, one clutching a Pirates Chart in his hand, a funny looking group dressed only to cover their nekkid bodies they stood out from the masses. They needed no speacial tools or weapons for what was about to happen, the mission was do or die 8 seconds to glory or death, no time for games, no amount of gear would help and the odds of the pot of gold waiting for them at the end of the rainbow were painfuly against them.

The battle was said easy by those that came before. What drew them here was the chance to obtain a very rare item, not the glory found by defeating the creatures soon to attack them. It was a gamble twice over starting with obtaining the Pirates Chart from the gut of a Marlin. The second gamble was with the chest at the end of the battle. The stories told us not to have our hopes up that this item came very few and far between, even a good friend now gone from the game had went many times with no luck. Some even say they had invested months with no gain.

The time came to trade the Chart, the fight was on. Our adventurers summoned three Ramuh's to their sides and prepared for battle. A ghostly taru appeared and begged us to Fish for the treasure, screaming about a monster coming. The monster came, not one but three and the little soul was dispatched again. The Ramuh's Prepared their most powerful attack Judgement Bolt and brought down the wrath of the skies upon the creatures. The battle took mere seconds.

A chest lay before us, the shadows of the three beasts corpses still fading away I opened the Barnacled Box. Breath held I closed my eyes and opened them to see ....



We had beaten the odds!!





Yup my heart felt like it stopped, I couldnt stop shaking to type for a good five minutes either ^^ So yeah I felt like I was going to die, but in a good way. Thank you Shani and Mrfrodo for coming along with me, congratulations on our new found wealth and hope to do this again very very soon^^


<3 Xylos. The ring is 100% as far as I know, but still happy to have it ^^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You call, I'll be there ;)