Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Score: Xylos 4 - Bhefhel Marlins 1

.3Got on rather late last night and headed out to the cliff to work on some more shall's. Seemed like both my bite and skill up's were coming slow, still hit 36.4, had really hoped to hit 37 for a good shot at 38 tonight. Snapped my line for the second time working shall shells, hit the wrong button canceling out a !!! so I headed into to town to sale the 6 stacks I had and call it a night.

I was sorting through my MH partial fish stacks and decided to sacrifice the two Bluetails I had there and see if I could hit a Bhefhel Marlin, grabbed my composite rod a few spare minnows and 8 bits of sliced bluetail and OP'd to selbina to cach the boat my plan was to make a round trip and trade marlins in for a shot at a chart, and see what the fishing contest was (fingers crossed it was something I could actualy catch). I made it with moments to spare. Once the boat was under way I climbed up to my usual perch at the top of the stairs, did my fish dance and hit the casting macro. First bite was a !!!, semi hard to reel in but I've had worse also seemed a bit tough for a monster so I kept at it just as I got my warning I wore it out, slammed my button and shazzam! Bhefhel Marlin #1. Next cast Bhefhel Marlin #2. Hmm this is not as bad as I thought it would be. 3rd was a cone calamry, 4th a Titan (I assume) 5th Silver shark (dear lord the regen on that bastard was astounding, failed to knock even 10% off) 6th Marlin #3, 7th Titan, 8th Shark. Not bad 3/8 on the bait, 50% return total with 4 fish landed. Threw on a minnow to try for some more bluetails to turn into bait and caught one as we hit town. On the return trip one more marlin, one shark, one "low skill fail" (assume marlin) and one monster. 40k worth of fish for the price of 3 wind crystals is a pretty decent return, but I choose to turn them in for fun. I checked the bazzars at the NPC and saw that one of my marlins was much larger than the 50 or so so I kept it to display in my bazzar along with my catfish. No chart but I was still happy/proud of my first attempt.

I think tonight will be exp on rdm night, I have been putting off exp claiming to be "retired" but I do need/want to lvl rdm a bit on the side. I hope it goes well, I'm kind of scared its been well over a month since I have been out exp'n and I get nervous when I feel out of practice. I think the big reason I want to exp is to prevent myself from selling any more gear that I have stocked up, my rdm is fairly well supplied till 75 if I leave my mules alone ^^.

No comments: