Thursday, August 31, 2006

My Sole is Black.

Quick and painless last night fishing. Hit the shall shell's for 99 for skill hoping to rank up. Once I hit 38 I ran over to the boat to join Mrfrodo and Bosco while I made an attempt at my rank up fish a Gugru Tuna managed to land two, I will be keeping the larger one in my bazzar as a souvenir for a while^^.

After I got my rank fish I decided to shoot for my GP fish before I hit windy. Sat at the docks in port jeuno I needed 12x Nosteau Herring, choose Halcyon Rod and Shrimp Lure as my weapons of choice. I ended up with my GP fish and 19x Tiger Cod and one Black Sole. I was kind of excited about the sole, it always feels good to land something way the hell over my skill level.

Todays GP item is Zamflug Bass that caps at 48-49, according to Finalfishing.com the best option is a worm lure in bastok so I will be able to single target them there with a chance at skill ups. Kicking myself in the ass for NPC'ing the 2 stacks I had in my MH a few days ago. The crappy GP items are the ones that require many low level fish, to gather them myself means lots of running around to vendors or spending the night burning my way into early fatigue and killing my skill/profit run for the day. At least I only need 27 of them.

I really need to organize my MH again to leave room for a few stacks of w/e I catch to take care of potential GP items, a scary task indeed.

As I round the bend to 50 I keep telling myself I need to get crackin' on my moats for Lu Shangs and since it is very likely I'll hit 50 in the next few weeks it puts me in a bind. I need to continue to skill but I also need to profit fish. I could go target moat carp and sand fish but that actualy costs money in the long run, not much but still a negative effect on the wallet. If I skill off of profit fish I will cap out long before I profit enough to purchase the moats, no happy medium^^. Time to set my mules in action selling off any and all uneeded gear and have them convert those profits into moats I want this damned rod before my birthday (nov 17). After I get my Lu the next step is deciding between leveling my cooking more or going for the WW skill to repair the Lu. I think my best option is to PL cooking on my windy mule even tho I am 56 on my main an I would hate to start over. The wood working on my main means crap loads of time invested in a craft for a single purpose, its only 16 now .. The other downside is losing my GP I have invested in fishing but I did plan to purchase the Waders first for the +2 skill. Or of course I could just level the damned WW and say piss off to Lumberjack etc..

Off to lunch now, more to come later... maybe^^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the nice changes in the fishing system now, leveling WW is probably only really necessary if you plan to pursue legendary fish isn't it? I'd imagine fishing for profit could probably be done pretty effectively without risking a break, and there's always the quest to repair in the event you did. On the other hand, if you get that far, legendary fish sound like a hell of a lot of fun hehe.

Xylos said...

Mmmm... Legendary fish .. I cant wait.

Good point there on the WW. I suppose in the course of a normal days fishing the odds of snapping Lu's on a regular basis would be rather slim. Another bonus would be a shot at my own HQ staves ^^. I also do not have any WW friends to fall back on or bribe into coming with me anywhere.
Same goes for cooking, but at least with cooking I would see some profit for my time invested, the down side is that any raw materials I cook can be sold for more of an "instant" profit.

In the long run I "probably" will not stress either one too much until fish sales or rod breaks become an issue. I just find my self getting an idea and running with it a little farter than I should. Maybe I'll just flip a coin after i get my fishing bib.