Thursday, September 21, 2006

Craft madness week continues!

First off let me apologize for my wall-o-text posts.

Took bonecraft from 0 to 50 over the last two days and got 18 levels into cloth also last night. Also bumped fishing GP to 50k so I should have those waders in under a week unless SE decides to screw me with a string of 1200 gp days.

Must say I am rather excited to obtain my first ever bit of GP equipment^^.

Bonecrafting was a blast, I will be capping that off at 60 after I complete the other items on my vanity craft list. I learned the value of properly estimating material quanities too... Other than over estimating and purchasing an obscene amount of beetle jaws Bone went very smooth. The "ring" levels hurt a bit as it would be nearly impossible to sale the amount of rings I made (bone, beetle and horn) but the arrowhead levels provided some return on my investment. All in all I estimate bone at a 50-75% loss >< not good at all but I can say that if a few weeks of farming pre-crafting had been done I would have made a tidy profit. It also was such a blur that I really have no clue what crafted items or excess materials I have floating around at the moment so maybe the losses are not as bad as I think.
The investment into bone was moderate and close to my guess. The one thing that perhaps saved me from going farther over budget was the number of synths that required non-stackable items (ram horns, scorpion claws, giant femurs) and that all the ring levels could be offset by desynthing the items back into workable stock. The beauty of non-stackable items is the ability to sit at the AH near cap and purchase them bit by bit and not getting stuck with a whole pile of 4k items clogging your inventory.
I kept synthing till I ran out of materials and passed my 48 goal, eventualy I will bring it to 60 for the "cap"

Since I was already in windy and crafting there has its perks (quick run to the fishing guild to turn in points) I decided to tackle cloth.

I really only want cloth to 30 for now, if I can find a "reasonable" route I will run it to journeyman also to ease the eventual 60 cap cap run much like I did with bone.
So far cloth is an utter pain in the ass. Having to go back and make cloth from threads to make items to desynth into threads to make cloth is making me dizzy. Circle of life I guess. I would much rather purchase the cloth and eat the loss but I must have picked the wrong day/time to start and got shafted. I really think I may have over estimated my needed materials on the venture but a good deal of them sell fast on the AH in windy so offloading a good chunk of them quickly is a viable option vs. NPC'n them for a loss.

After the cloth run is complete I think a crafting break is in order to sell off the items I made and open some more room on the mules again. Then on to leather o.O...

Another thing I noticed is that the "Big Four" late 50's early 60's body gear is all 69ish cap crafting. Vermy, Hauby, Byrnie and Scorpion Harness all perfectly capable of being custom made and signed on a single character^^.

No comments: