Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Arrows, quivers and bolts Oh my!

Level 70 WW obtained! Tens of thousands of arrows and bolts muled! Total cost of running WW to 70 in two sittings? 3.1 million gil. Guess-timated value of muled quivers and lumber 1.75-2.2 million gil. Total estimated loss 800k - 1.25mil gil. All in all it cost me my Marine male gloves to obtain Artisan status, not shabby.
Of course if I take my time and mule the swag off slowely I can get it closer to 300k (another guess). Still no hard data on the returns, I have not sold a single item yet. To be honest I had hoped to go a bit slower and roll with the market on a good portion of it but I caught the crafting bug and went nuts with it. The big hurt came from synthing Demon Arrows and Platinum Arrows, 400-500k per stack of those arrow heads, 3 stacks total between them.

I need a minimum of Lvl 72 WW to bother repairing Lu', but my legendary fish catching days wont be coming around for a while so I will take 70 on up as slow as I can stand, most likely break rod fishing for dual skill targeting large fish for fish skill that will also break my rods to work off those last few levels of WW with repairs.
No fishing the last two days, did not bother to go for GP fish as the points were crap, todays points are just as crappy but I need the last 25k turned in for waders soon. I may start the break rod fishing today if I have the time to sort the debris from my WW marathon out to mules. Kind of sucks that I spent all that time less than a week ago cleaning and organizing mules to have Hurricane Lumber land on them^^.
next on the list is to cap out alchemy and cooking, just a few levels of each to hit that sexy 60. Alchemy at 58 so a night of ogre eels and thats done, cooking is 56 .. I loved cooking but the recipe items take up too much space to make for a comfortable cruise.

So leather, cloth and bone are next on the craft list. I would like to get leather done as a priority since hides etc.. seem fairly easy to farm and maintain an income off of. Cloth mearly as a sub skill and vanity craft, signed fishing gloves and pants to match my guild boots and apron. Bone is the 100% pure vanity craft, no reason to pass 48 after I get those specs^^.
Blacksmithing (28 Currently) and Goldsmithing (23 Currently) both need to climb as I can get to them but the cost on those scares me.

I do not see WW passing the mid 70's unless the skill up rate on broken Lu's is godlike. I'll have 25 or so post 60 skill points to alot to other crafts but nothing is really calling out to me atm.

2 comments:

Paul Bauman said...

Congratulations on 70 WW!

And /nod about those cooking recipes. So much non-stackable ingredient clutter on the mules...

Xylos said...

Thank you!